We now have a formal Sales Qualification and Training Programme specifically for the Fenestration Industry
We have partnered with Building Our Skills – Making Fenestration a Career of Choice to develop a brand-new sales qualification and training programme. The qualification is written by GQA Qualifications Limited – the Fenestration Industry’s Awarding Body – and those candidates achieving the standard will automatically be enrolled as members of the professional body The Institute of Sales Management (ISM).
There are two routes for parties interested in joining the sales training programme:
Team training programme
This programme is carried out at your company premises and includes up to 4 candidates and a Sales Director. Each of the four candidates will be put onto the formal programme leading to the professional qualification and membership of the ISM. The Sales Director will have the opportunity to observe the training.
Individual training programme
This programme is for individuals working for a company where there are not enough candidates to create a team programme. These programmes will be hosted at the Building Our Skills training centre in Sheffield and will have a maximum of five attendees per session. Each of the candidates will be put onto the formal programme leading to the professional qualification and membership of the ISM.
The programme contents
The programme consists of four days training spread out over a 12-month period, with one day scheduled per quarter. Each candidate will sign up for the full programme.
- The laws and ethics of selling in the Fenestration Industry
- Preparation – Getting ready for calls and meetings
- Understanding Sales Targets
- Understanding the behaviour of buyers
- Pipeline Management
- Understanding Profitability and Costings
- Diary and Territory Management
- Questioning Skills
- Listening Skills
- Objection Handling
- Selling using Features, Advantages and Benefits
Fenestration Industry Knowledge
After the completion of the second part of the training programme, candidates will be issued with a knowledge guide to the Fenestration Industry and will be asked to complete an assessment of their own company in terms of products, market sectors, supply chain, services, customer care and other related issues.
Submission of this assessment will be required no later than 1 month after the completion of the fourth part of the training programme, but it can be submitted at any time prior to that at the candidate’s discretion.
- Conducting LIVE Sales calls
- Deliver an engaging sales presentation
- The importance of after sales care
- Referral Generation
- Field Sales
- Refresher on all areas
Also included for each candidate…
Throughout the programme each candidate will have access to on-going support, and they will receive the following:
A weekly sales video with selling tips and advice
Ongoing email support
Access to a private Facebook Group where they can network with other sales professionals
Six sales books written by Sales Doctors founder Tony Morris
Following on from the completion of the programme candidates will be assessed for the qualification and the outcome will be communicated to them. For this to happen, the following documents will be required by the assessment team:
- Self-assessment form completed by the individual candidate in advance of the training programme.
- Assessment form completed by the training provider relating to the candidate’s performance against each element of the training programme.
- Assessment form completed by the employer/Sales Director relating to the benefits they believe have been derived by each candidate from the training programme.
- Reflection document submitted by the candidate outlining what they believe they have learnt and achieved during the programme.
- Receipt of duly completed Fenestration Knowledge document.
Membership of the Institute of Sales Management
Candidates achieving the qualification will be made members of the Institute of Sales Management (ISM) and will benefit from knowing they are a member of a professional body. They will have the opportunity to include their qualification after their name and the ISM logo on their business cards and in email footers and social media profiles.
They will be able to draw on support from the Institute throughout the period of their membership* including access to webinars, the latest sales techniques and practices, networking and other events, mentors and to be a part of a wider sales community.
*Achieving the Fenestration Sales Qualification comes with a 12-month membership to the ISM, with membership fees typically £150 per annum thereafter.
If you would like more information, please complete the form below or contact us on 01923 438972